Its easy to cook frozen momos – use our simple cooking instructions below! Click on your food type for more tailored info & tips. Enjoy your food. Order frozen momos
How to cook Frozen Momos
Cook our Frozen Momos straight from the freezer in 15 minutes – no need to defrost.
- With a Steamer Fill base pan with water and set to boil. Lightly oil the steamer tray (or use grease paper in a bamboo steamer) & arrange the frozen momos. When water is boiling, put the tray on the steamer, cover, and steam on full boil for 15 minutes. If you are cooking more than one tray at a time, increase the time for steaming and/or reorder the trays. When steamy hot, serve with dipping chilli – and watch out for those hot juices inside.
- I don’t have a Steamer Although best steamed, you can boil soup momo. Make your soup base, however you like. We usually fry onion, salt, meaty bones & top up with water to make a clear broth, but equally delicious to substitute veg stock. Make sure there is enough liquid for the momos to dance in, then pop in the frozen momos. Boil for around 8-10 mins. Whilst boiling, shred some veg :- cabbage, springonions, carrot, spinach, whatever you have in the fridge and add these at the last minute. Adjust seasoning to taste and serve.
Enjoy your meal !
How to reheat Chilled Momos
Pick your favourite option for reheating our Chilled Momo Boxes. Momos have already been steamed and chilled for your convenience.
- Re-steam: Place the momos in an oiled steamer tray over boiling water and re-Steam for 10 minutes, or til piping hot inside.
- Microwave: Sprinkle momos with water. Keep lid on, and microwave on full power for 2 minutes. Take care when removing the lid for steam escaping. Ensure momos are piping hot inside. Our Packaging – including the lids – is fully microwaveable.
- Shallow fry: Heat a little oil in a frying pan or wok. Carefully add the momos to the oil and fry on a medium hot heat for around 5 minutes or til the desired amount of crispiness. Turn the momos periodically to ensure even cooking, or cover with a well fitting lid if you want just the bottoms fried.
Enjoy your meal !
How to reheat Chilled Meals
Our chilled meals are designed for microwaving – a quick and easy treat for tea – the packaging is all microwave safe. But you can also reheat them on the stove top. Meals can be stored in the fridge and are best eaten within 1-2 days. The containers are safe for dishwashers and can be re-used.
- Microwave: With the Lid firmly on, microwave on full power for 3 minutes or til piping hot. Allow to stand before removing the lid and take care when removing lid for hot steam escaping.
- Re-wok: Thukpa noodles can be emptied into hot wok with a little oil or water and re-wok fried for short time.
- Stovetop: Empty rice and sauce into lightly oiled pan – add tiny bit of water if need be – and heat thoroughly on a gentle heat til contents are piping hot throughout.
Enjoy your meal!